Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What an occasion!

In an effort to avoid the massive crowds making their way into DC for Obama's Inauguration today, I'm working from home. There's absolutely no way in hell you would find me anywhere near DC today - they're expecting up to 5 million people to arrive in the city for the festivities. Ugh. Sounds miserable to me. But, of course, the TV is on and I'm half-watching the Inauguration coverage in-between snippets of work. It really is incredible. Every square inch of the National Mall is covered with bodies. I have NEVER seen so many people together in one place, most of them united because of one man. It's awe-inspiring that a country that is usually so divided can come together so peacefully for a common cause. Amazing. What an incredible moment in history.


No comments: